Thanks again to Seeking Solace for the link, too!
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
New Fitness Challenges & Goals
As you may have heard, I am expecting my second child this fall (nine years after my first one!) I would like to NOT gain any more weight than necessary, since I have a few (ahem) extra pounds I'm carrying around already. Since it's really difficult to control how much I'm eating (when you are hungry and pregnant, you HAVE to eat something), so I am trying to stick with healthy foods and continue to exercise regularly. Even this has proven challenging so far. I am still in my first trimester and fatigue is an issue (I'm napping on days when I can). I've also had some dizziness issues- maybe linked to blood sugar. For exercise, I am walking (on the treadmill so far) for about 30 minutes 3 times a week. Now that spring has finally arrived, I will try to get out and walk, too. When the semester ends, I also plan to start swimming. I swam the last 4-5 months of my first pregnancy and it was wonderful. I almost never had back pain, leg cramps, or swollen ankles in late pregnancy and being in the water felt great- especially toward the end when it felt so difficult to walk with the extra weight. I think that the fall semester will be the hardest time to stick with exercise, but I plan to do my best- we have some aqua aerobics classes, too, so maybe I'll try one of those!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
It will be great to hear how you manage fitness with pregnancy, so keep posting.
I love water aerobics too!
Post a Comment