Sunday, January 27, 2008

that's why it's called a challenge

Quick update on the active front: not so much. I just could not get to the gym last week. None of my excuses are terribly original or even very interesting, so I'll spare you the details. I went yesterday, however, and did my 45 minute workout on the treadmill. It felt good to get back there. I know this and I hate it when I don't go but, somehow, the hate isn't enough to get me there some weeks.

Not that it's a substitution but I am trying to be mildly more active when I'm home - like stretching my calves when I brush my teeth or doing some crunches while I'm watching A Daily Show. I didn't go to the gym last weekend but I did scrub both of my bathrooms from top to bottom, which did involve a little exertion on my part. Not enough, I know, but something has to be better than absolutely nothing.

I'm really looking forward to warmer weather. It has to be better for my motivation.

4 comments:

rented life said...

Please come scrub my bathroom. :(

I do butt squeezes while shampooing my hair. Let's hear it for multi-tasking.

Seeking Solace said...

Remember, any physical activity counts...so when you are done with Rented Life's bathroom, you can do both of mine!

phd me said...

You'd be amazed at how long it's taken to clean my own. ;)

Karen said...

I do the same thing while brushing my teeth or waiting for the coffee maker!

I second the cheer for multi-tasking!