Monday, November 05, 2007

Change of Plans

My workouts have been rather sporadic. Migraines, colds, back problems and now two falls have made working out difficult. One fall resulted in a bruised bone in my left knee. That wasn't too bad, but when I slightly twisted my right knee by slipping down the stairs at work, that did it.

I sprained that knee in a skiing accident a few years ago. I thought I had built it up since then, but a trip down the stairs at work proved otherwise. While I can still walk on it, it seems that stairs and treadmill workouts bring pain. I was able to complete 20 minutes at a slower speed, but it feels a little tender.

So, it's on to Plan B. My husband and I have been thinking about getting a membership to the local Y. It would be a great way to keep up from being slugs in the winter, which really sucks in my neck of the woods. Plus, swimming is great knee rehab. My husband is going to see if our insurance will cover some or all of the membership.

Now, if I could just stop being such a klutz...

2 comments:

dr four eyes said...

Joining the Y sounds like a great idea. Hope it works out and you can swim while you give your knees a rest (ouch!).

RageyOne said...

Joining the Y sounds like a great idea. Hopefully the pool workouts will help if that comes to fruition.