Wednesday, January 03, 2007

:My New Workout Buddy

Since I lost my job, I am unable to work out with my girls. One of the great things of working out with a group is the companionship and support. For me, it kept me going when I did not want too. So, I had some concerns about what was going to happen to my progress without the support of my friends.

But that all changed today. My new workout buddy is always willing to workout. He pushes me to go when I don't want to. Believe me, he is really persistent. Although he is pretty happy with his current physique, he has put on a few pounds over the holidays, so the workouts are good for him. Workouts do wonders for his mood too. He is not much of a talker, but does like to stop and smell everything in sight.

My new workout buddy is my dog, a German Shepard-Lab mix.

Usually, my husband does most of the dog walking this time of year because the cold and my joints do not mix. Also, my husband likes to go for walks with the Boy (my dog's blog pseudonym) as a means to get rid of stress. But since the weather is very mild in my neck of the woods, I decided to move my workouts outside.

The usual loop through my neighborhood is 1.4 miles. We were able to complete it in about 20 minutes, which is about on par with my treadmill workout. It felt great to get out in the fresh air.

So the plan is to take my workouts outside two or three days a week, weather permitting. I am going to add a little each day until I am on par with my current treadmill workout.

I know the Boy is ready to go!

Tag: Goals

1 comment:

RageyOne said...

Good luck to ya! Sounds like a great workout partner.