Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I started Weight Watchers

Okay, well... My weight is up to 166 lbs, and I am 5' 4", and some of my size 14 pants are too tight. It is time to get this body under control. I signed up for Weight Watchers online last night. I bought the three month plan, because you save money that way. I am a Lifetime member, as I lost more than 25 pounds back in 2001, and got down to a size 6/8, but now I weigh more than I weighed when I started in 2001, so that's kind of sad for me. As a Lifetime member, you still have to pay all of the fees when starting up WW online, but I wouldn't have had to pay registration fees if I was attending meetings. However, I am going to be out of town so much this semester that meetings aren't really an option, so I had to do online membership.

So far, so good today, so I'm celebrating that. The nights are the worst for me, though.

In other news, I had Taco Bell for lunch (one soft taco and pintos 'n' cheese is about 8 or 9 points), and I saw their current advertising campaign -- fourth meal. Essentially, they want people to eat an EXTRA meal, like a second dinner, and they want people to choose Taco Bell for that option. Um, why do we need a fourth meal in the middle of the night? I can see having a snack at random times, but an entire fourth meal of Taco Bell seems like a bit much.

tag: goal setting

8 comments:

dr four eyes said...

Yay, B*!!!

I know exactly how you feel about needing to get things back in control, so glad to hear you took a postive step.

RageyOne said...

Good for you B*! Looking forward to hearing more about your progress as I'm sure you will be successful!

BrightStar (B*) said...

Thanks... as many of us know, successful on WW doesn't always mean healthy. I stayed within my points range today (YAY!), but guess what counted as my dinner? Popcorn at the movies. 9 points of goodness (small size, unbuttered -- and, even better, it was free because I had earned enough rewards points at the movies to get a coupon for a free small popcorn), but a totally unhealthy dinner!

Thanks for the support. I have motivation to lose weight: Job interviews (hopefully soon, but if not this year, then maybe next year...), going on a cruise at the end of February (even being 10 pounds less by then would be nice...), and wanting my clothes to fit better.

Seeking Solace said...

Cheers to you B*!!!! You go girl!!!!!

Ianqui said...

I have to agree with you about that Fourth Meal business. It has single-handedly undermined any progress public health officials have made re: overeating.

Abbey said...

I noticed the 4th meal campaign too. I simultaneously laughed and shoock my head. There's trying to make it "ok" to eat at 3 am and I can appreciate that from a marketing perspective...but really? A fourth meal?!?!

RageyOne said...

Ahh, you are correct, one can stay within the points range and not eat a healthy meal. One must make good choices.

I agree with everyone else, Taco Bell can't be serious with this 4th meal madness, can they? Why do they think that is the way to go? *sigh*

BrightStar (B*) said...

An update: I'm doing okay staying within points on Day 2 of WW! It's hard, because people want to go out for coffee (non-fat latte w/sugar free caramel syrup, please!) and lunch (turkey burger (minus the cheese) with house salad instead of fries, non-fat dressing on the side, didn't eat the bun), so I have to be flexible with my choices.