Serves 8 @ 5 points per 1 cup serving
Ingredients:
* 12 oz uncooked macaroni, elbow-type
* 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
* 12 oz fat-free evaporated milk
* 8 oz low-fat cheddar or colby cheese, shredded
* 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
* 1/4 tsp table salt
* 1/4 tsp black pepper
* 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
* 2 Tbsp dried bread crumbs
* 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
Instructions:
* Preheat oven to 350ºF.
* Cook pasta according to package directions without added fat or salt; drain and transfer to a large bowl. While pasta is still hot, stir in sour cream; set aside.
* Heat milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until tiny bubbles appear just around the edges (known as scalding). Reduce heat to low, add cheese and simmer until cheese melts, stirring constantly with a wire whisk, about 2 minutes; remove from heat and stir in mustard, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
* Add cheese mixture to pasta; mix well. Transfer to a 4-quart casserole dish.
* Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese; sprinkle over pasta.
* Bake until top is golden, about 30 minutes. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
Tag: recipes
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
HOLY COMFORT FOOD, BATMAN! This is awesome! I just ate 1/6 of the pan. The problem with this dish is keeping your portion size under control, because... it makes a lot of tasty goodness! Still, not as fattening as regular baked mac 'n' cheese. I partitioned my leftovers into single serving dishes and put them in the fridge so I won't overeat the leftovers or overeat future servings.
Exactly. I was gonna say, the trick of this is not eating the whole thing at once. I think it's too risky for me. It was hard enough making 1/2 box of linguini yesterday and then making sure it fed me & Super G for dinner, and then me for lunch today.
I saw that recipe the other day and wondered how good it would be. Now I know! I'll have to try it out one dya.
Sounds yummy!!!! Can't wait to try it!!!
Post a Comment