Saturday, August 12, 2006

Weight Loss Challenge

So my mom decided today that we (her and I) need a challenge. I haven't lost anything and haven't stuck with anything b/c I get sidetracked with life stress (just read my blog). Mom's been back and forth on the same few pounds. I weigh more than her now.

Here's the challenge: Starting Monday 8/14 and running for 12 weeks (11/5) we both plan to lose 10 lbs. We will exercise three times a week. we will check up with each other every four weeks (after debating how to count weeks.) EAt healthy (she does the 6 meals thing and I just haven't decided what to do yet). I picked exercising 3 times a week because for me that's a realistical goal. More than that and I might not do it. Mom already goes to yoga and knows what else she'd add to her schedule. Our end goal is to go shopping (again, we just returned from shopping today) and the reward will be the clothes.

If you want to join us on the challenge, drop me an e-mail or leave a comment and we'll figure out some way to all get in touch on the dates mom and I set for check-ups. For me, it will be embarassing if I can't lose the weight and mom can. It's already sad that she weighs less than me. I'll be letting you all know how it goes for us both. Hopefully with that challenge and this blog all have all the motivation I need.

Goal setting and accountability

3 comments:

Seeking Solace said...

How cool for you and your mom to do this together!!!!

You go girls!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I would like to join this challenge- my email address is endlessstudent@hotmail.com

Repressed Librarian said...

I'll join in, too. My e-mail is repressedlibrarian at gmail dot com. Thanks!