So about those goals? I said I'd eat healthier by not eating out (or by at least eating half the portion size) and I said I'd work out for at least 30 minutes 3 x last week. But then a heat wave came across my area like nobody's business. Actually, I bet that it is normal to have this kind of heat wave once during the summer and I never noticed it as much before because I wasn't unfortunate to live in an apartment that a) has no air conditioning (lots of mine haven't) or b) that is situated over the laundry room for the whole complex or c) has no trees around it for shade. Needless to say, my apartment is HOT! It was seriously over 90 degress the last two nights when I checked at 11PM. With fans running all night (which incidentally at that temperature feel much more like hair dryers) the place cooled off to 90 or 85!!
So since it was THTS (Too Hot To Sleep), I slept on a freind's couch. She doesn't have air con either. But she's on the first floor and has lots of trees around her place to keep it shady. THat was nice of her to let me stay. My cats are mad and...oh, yeah, this isn't my personal blog...yeah, so it was so hot I obviously didn't do my third workout I had planned. And since it was THTEah (Too Hot To Eat at home) I didn't do that either. I couldn't stand to be in here for more than 5 minutes. I'm hot right now and I'm about to go to work as a matter of fact.
I did manage to get a pedicure and go out to brunch and go wine tasting (it was 112 out at the wineries!!) and eat at a super fancy restaurant in one of the uber swank 'W' hotels. Needless to say, not a heatlhy day although I did order egg beaters instead of real eggs at brunch and the turkey burger at dinner and I was the driver, so I barely drank. I sort of planned for that, but not for Sunday. I came home long enough to shower and change clothes and then I ate breakfast in a cafe and went shopping with my friend. We took my gift certificate I got from my students last quarter and went to PF Chang's where, in a plan to stay as long as possible, we wound up drinking a whole bottle of wine between us and eating one appetizer and most of three entrees. I am embarassed to admit how much we ate. All I can say is that we didn't have lunch, which basically was our problem. Also, I think we wanted to just be in the air conditioning for a while.
But really, I think it was all an excuse. The heat was my excuse to do whatever I wanted. I'm bummed I didn't stick to my workout plan. I'm bummed I overate because I was tired of being hot. I'm bummed that I think THTBH (Too Hot To Be Healthy) is an excuse for anything.
Ok, thanks for letting me whine. I'm over it. Bygones, I say.
New Leaf: This week I'll take my workout clothes to work and I'll hit the gym before going to the sweatbox I call home. And I'll make some chicken salad tonight since that's cool and healthy and I can take it for lunch. And hopefully tonight it will also cool off a bit so I can acutally not spend all my time looking for ways to get out of here!
Tags: Goals
Monday, July 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I understand what you mean about it being an excuse - but still, that heat just sucked! It makes it soooooo hard to do anything. Anyway, here's to a better week!
Post a Comment