How is everyone else doing? Is summer a time you find more or less motivation to keep up an exercise routine?
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Summer and motivation
I am still on my quest to be fit (or at least not 'fat') when I turn 40 in a few months. I went a bit off track at the end of the semester, but I am using summer as a chance to really get back into a work-out routine. I have also officially joined WW online- mainly because their tools are easier to use than my spreadsheets! I have lost a total of 16 pounds since January, which means that my goal weight is probably out of reach for my birthday goal. BUT- I am okay with that and just hoping to get as close to that as possible. I'm finding my flexible summer schedule to be a big help for sticking with exercise (first thing in the morning!). I can wear a lot of clothes that were too tight last summer, but still can't fit into some others.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Progress! That's excellent. Shopping in your own closet is a great feeling.
I'm still pushing! Running/walking outside is more difficult in the summer because of the intense heat. My preference is to go right after work, but it is just too hot. So I have to delay until about 6:30 or so. Not so bad, but I would much rather get it done earlier.
Congrats on progress!! Summer is more motivating for me. I can walk outside, which it is something I can make myself do much longer than using the elliptical in the basement where I stare at a wall. I can also do things like work in my garden-which gives me the instant gratification I can't get from exercising. Plus husband will join me on some walks. It's so cold up here that I'm not likely to walk late Fall-Early spring, and I refuse to walk in the snow/ice.
Plus just the nicer weather overall means I want to do stuff!
I was off the wagon for a bit while moving, but the weather is nice again and I'm hoping to get back into it. I got some new workout gear for my birthday which always jump starts my motivation!
Congrats on your progress!!! Keep it up!
Post a Comment