Long time no hear from. Yes, I'm still around and continuing my healthy lifestyle. I'll post over the next few weeks, what I've been doing to maintain my healthy lifestyle.
Water. Water. Water. <---That is an important part of my healthy lifestyle.
I try my best to get in 3 Liters per day. Does it happen everyday? Nope. In fact, the weekends are the worst for getting in water. I do so much better during the week (M-F) since I'm going to the gym each morning and start the day with 24 to 33 oz of water prior to 7 am. On those days, I'm on a roll with water. Saturday & Sunday, no so much.
The fortunate thing about drinking water on a consistent basis is that I can tell when I'm getting enough water in. I get that thirsty feeling and nothing will quench it other than water. Have I always been this consistent with water? No. When I first started losing weight I did up my water intake, but I was also drinking sodas consistently also. Not so much anymore.
Last summer I decided I wanted to rid myself of that extra caffeine (though I wasn't giving up coffee). So I began to limit my soda (Coke) intake to 2-3 times per week. I did pretty good. Then on August 1 I went cold turkey. No soda for the entire month. I almost made it, but I slipped up mid-month by ordering a rum & coke one evening out. That was the only soda I had for the month of August. Instead I drank only water or Crystal light green tea. I continued that trend into September where I didn't have a single soda that month. Since then, I've been averaging 1-2 sodas about every 4-5 weeks. I'm pretty proud of myself.
Overall, water is a very important of my healthy lifestyle. No, I'm not perfect with it, and it is quite annoying (at times) to have to continuously go to the bathroom, but it is what it is.
How about you? How's your water intake?
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Thanks for posting Ragey!!!!
Well, I am really good in the summer. But I tend to slack off in the winter. One of my goals is to drink more water. It can help keep you skin hydrated during the dry winter months.
I have a hard time with Coke. I do try to limit to just a little. I buy those little pony bottles, I limit myself to one a day. I don't drink the stuff every day, so it's not too hard.
I've been enjoying Ocean Spray Cranberry Pomegranate juice. Very tasty.
Yes, water is good for the skin, and this winter (across the country) has been brutal. So water is definitely needed.
I also purchase the pony bottles of Coke. Actually, that's just enough for me.
I struggle with this one. I have the best of intentions, but it just feels like WAY too much liquid for me. I end up feeling like I'm retaining water or something and it makes me feel like I'm gaining weight which de-motivates me.
I'm definitely going to try that Cranberry Pomegranate juice though...that sounds GREAT!
@Kai - start small. perhaps 1-2 glasses per day and build up over time. you may be pleasantly surprised at how much water can help you in losing weight! yes, it feels like too much, but that's just it - it helps with full feeling meaning it may help you limit what you want to eat. if i find that i want to snack, i'll drink some water to take my mind away from doing so. it really does work!
Post a Comment