Do you have a healthy snack you love? Motivation techniques you want to share? A quick daily work-out you love? Share it here!!! I'm feeling "stuck in a rut" with my new routine and heating habits and need some new ideas. Please share!
What works for me:
My new favorite late-morning snack is a wedge of laughing cow (light) cheese and a handful of whole wheat crackers. It feels SO decadent, but its not that many calories.
Walking. I am slowly accepting that I am just never going to be a gym person, so I've taken to walking EVERYWHERE. I make an extra lap (or two) around the grocery store before I shop, walk to farther train stops and/or get off a few stops early. When the weather is bad, I do a few trips up and down the 6 flights of stairs in my apartment building.
Grooving. I put my ipod on and dance while I'm doing the dishes, brushing my teeth or cleaning. It's amazing how you can actually work up a bit of a sweat while doing this, though that may be more a testament to my being out of shape than anything else.
What works for you??
Thursday, June 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Great topic Kai! Thanks for posting it!!!
Snack: Pita chips with humas. Very filling. I also make a great smoothie with berries, OJ, Yoplait yogurt and ice.
I have playlists on my Ipod that I created for working out. It helps the time pass.
Also, changing up my workout routine. It fights boredom and gives my body a jolt.
Hmmm. Maybe I should turn this into a post!!!!
All those sounds like great ideas! I think I'm going to try the laughing cow snack.
Laughing cow cheese? o.o Jeez, I didn't realise how limited my knowledge of cheese was...
I usually snack on fruit or a glass of drinkable yoghurt. Yum yum!
I love music but I usually end up deleting the play lists that I make. I listen to everything in general but I listen to Podrunner when I go running.
Post a Comment