Friday, May 16, 2008

Trying to get back on track

After a very stressful spring, and making lots of excuses for poor eating, I am trying to get back into healthy living.  Next Monday, I am going back on Weight Watchers (online). I lost 20 pounds on WW early last year and have gained back about 10 pounds (probably half of that in the last month!) I was tempted to start earlier, but knew that the end of the semester is never a time when it's easy to eat well. I was going to start this week, but there were more parties early in the week, so I decided to just wait until next week, because I like to start on a Monday. 

I did start exercising again this week, though. I've been walking on the treadmill, watching movies. I walked 3 miles on Monday, 2 miles on Wednesday, and will do at least 2 miles this afternoon. I'm not teaching this summer and my research obligations have pretty flexible timing, so I have no excuse to skip exercise. For the rest of this month, I plan to exercise at least three times a week, and get back into watching my diet starting next Monday. I would like to lose 20-30 pounds, but I first want to focus on being healthy. If we decide to try for another baby later this year, I should be in good health- even if we don't, I should still be in good shape! 


1 comment:

Seeking Solace said...

Looks like a great plan. Don't forget the incentives, like say...LUSH products!!!