Sunday, May 25, 2008

I don't have an incentive

I would love many of the incentives posted but money is an issue here. So we have to be a little more creative in this house. Guilt works well--if husband is working out, I feel like I should be doing something. The last few days I've been doing massive yard/house work--yes that can and does make you sore--my reward was sitting down and playing stupid computer games for a little bit. And a clean house.

I understand the concept of incentives, but they don't always work for because I can talk myself out of them. So I've just been sticking with the basics: losing weight before my trip in Sept is my big goal, eating better one day at a time is my little goal.

3 comments:

RageyOne said...

It is good that you know what works for you. Small goals are excellent because they lead to big goals.

Anonymous said...

I find the small goals more managable (and more affordable than incentives). If I say "I'll eat good all week" I beat myself up for a bad day, but taking it a day at a time is much better.

Seeking Solace said...

Small goals do work. It does make you feel like you accomplished something.

House/yard work is a great workout!