I have a dilemma. There are two of us, one needs to lose weight and hates vegetables, and the other needs to gain weight and loves vegetables. So how do we accomplish our respective goals and get healthier while still dining together?
I'm open to any and all ideas. Thanks for the help.
Byrd
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I had this dilemma as well when one of us was a meat eater and one of us was a vegetarian. Basically we made meals together, but separated all the elements out. For example we would make pasta, a meat sauce, a non-meat sauce and some veggies and then each of us ate the elements of the meal we liked but we still felt like we were eating "together". This also works with stir fry, tacos, paninis, salads...anything you can make in "parts"! Hope this helps!
for the one who needs to gain weight: you need more than just veggies because you'll need more calories. Also, lifting with more weight less reps. This is actually my husband's goal.
kai's idea is good (husband and I like different veggies than the other so this is how we make salads) I also try to make dishes with the veggies in it--goolosh (sp?), chili, a variation on meatloaf, stir fry etc--so the veggies are there as well as the meat and everyone's happy.
Spices help too. adding spices, experimenting with them, can change the flavor of anything!
Kai's idea is just what I would have suggested . . . especially things like stir fry, taco salad fixins (yes, fixins is a real word in the South!), etc.
Post a Comment