I have not been very consistent with my workouts lately. Granted, I had a construction crew in my house for the past two weeks and it has been very hot in my neck of the woods, but that is still not an excuse. On the plus side, I have not gained any weight. Also, I did get a couple of workouts in either hitting the treadmill when the crew wasn't around, or taking the dog for a walk.
I have trouble adjusting my workouts to changes in my routine. I am a creature of habit and sudden change just throws me for a loop. Instead of planning my workouts around the construction schedule, I would just throw in the towel. I argue with myself constantly. I can't work out early in the morning because my joints are very stiff due to the RA and it takes at least an hour for me to get moving. I don't like to work out late at night because I have sleeping issues and a late workout interferes with that. And I should not use the heat as an excuse because I have central air and the treadmill is in the basement!
Then, I get into the mode where I beat myself up for not working out, even though I have done some things that count as a workout, like walking the dog. It's like doing that is not enough.
Geez, why do I do this kind of sabotage! I should accept change and adapt accordingly.
Tag: Goals
Monday, June 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sorry for the delay in responding.
Congrats on maintaining! I agree with liking a routine. I think that is imperative to my success and I am thrown off when I am out of it.
All the best in getting back on track!
Post a Comment