The following is a link to a story from CBS' The Early Show. It covers which diets are the best as analyzed by Consumer Reports.
http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_video/main500251.shtml?id=2773115n
The Volumetrics Eating Plan was rated the best followed by Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, then Slim Fast.
This is my first time hearing of Volumetrics. Is anyone out there familiar with it?
Saturday, June 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Volumetrics makes a lot of sense--in essence, eat more filling foods (foods with lots of water or fiber, for example).
When I worked at Penn State, I used to participate in studies run by the woman who developed Volumetrics, and I started reading a lot of her work.
I don't really follow the diet, but I have tried to internalize the principles. One of the biggest things that I noticed making a difference was eating fresh fruit instead of dried. I used to munch on dried apricots, then I realized that I would eat five or six dried apricots, but if I ate fresh apricots, I would stop at one.
One more thing--nutrition studies are really fun! If you're near a big research university with a nutrition lab, watch for calls for volunteers.
I agree Rhonda, it does make sense. While I was in the bookstore last night, I took a look at the book on the eating plan and it is quite sensible.
I've been on WW for past 2 years and they offer two plans, Flex and Core. I think the Core plan is quite similar to the Volumetrics plan. They, WW, just have a different spin on the plan.
Post a Comment