Saturday, March 10, 2007

Teeny, Tiny Loss & Running goals

That is how I describe my loss this week, it was teeny, tiny, two-tenths of a pound. Not much, but hey, a loss is a loss. Slowly, but surely gets the prize right?

Running is going well, my 5k is 2 weeks from today. Yay! I'm up to 2.75 miles in one outing. The first time I did that length, it was tough. I think it was the setting. I did it on an indoor track which calls for many, many times around in a circle. I was ready to give it up after the first mile. This morning I did in my neighborhood and I ran it straight through with no problems. Perception. I guess it is all about place and perception.

Another friend heard through the grapevine that I've been running. She is now trying to convince me to do a 10K in July in big metro city. They hold a really big one every year and registration for it closes really fast. If I am going to do it, I must decide by next weekend. Originally, my plan was to do another 5K in May or June and then a 10K in October. I'm not sure what I'm going to just yet. I have a few days to think about it.

2 comments:

Seeking Solace said...

That is so awesome!!! I think perception is key. When you run in circles, it seems like a never ending process. But when you go outside, there are so many things to see and observe.

You could sign up for it and if you are not ready, you could decline and use your original plan as a back up.

Anonymous said...

Hey, babysteps right?