Friday, January 26, 2007

Lacking Follow Through and A Bit of Self-Loathing

So, I lost a few pounds on Weight Watchers online, then it came time for mass outings out to dinner before I left town for a month... then travel days... and getting adjusted. I have this problem in which I start diet or health measures intensely and then burn out quickly. I intend to get back on WW again in a day or two, but I'm off it in the meantime. I feel a bit better when I think about how at least I am not getting above the weight I started with on WW, so at least that's something... I haven't been losing weight, but I've been maintaining, so that's not too bad. In the meantime, I started up exercising more since I've been out here at my boyfriend's place. There is a gym right in his complex, so it's very convenient. Also? There are more mirrors at his place. His apartment has those closets with mirrors on the sliding doors. I don't have any full length mirrors in my house, for some reason. Living in a place with a lot of full length mirrors means that I cannot ignore the reality of how large I feel like I am, and these mirrors lead to some extra self-loathing. Ugh. And, this sounds pathetic, but at least I can go up to my boyfriend for a hug when I'm feeling fat and ugly. Hugs from someone who likes me as I am help me feel better. Now only if I could like myself as I am, that would be great.

[cross posted on my blog]

2 comments:

Seeking Solace said...

Maintaining is always a good thing!!!! It also sounds like you have some great tools while at the Boyfriend's place!

Anonymous said...

The key, B*, is that you are maintaining and you are still willing to work on making progress. Good for you! I agree with Seeking Solace, it sounds like you have some great opportunities to get back to where you want to be while at the Boyfriend's place. Looking forward to hearing about your progress.