Wonder of wonders, I tried on my cords today - and they fit! When I moved this summer, they almost went into the Goodwill bag because they were too snug to be worn in public, but I liked them too much to get rid of them. One pair: size 14, the other: size 12. Whoo!
Have I started exercising yet? No. I want to have an exercise buddy and several friends are willing but this late in the semester, it's hard to rearrange schedules. We're optimistic about the spring semester, when we can start fresh with our calendars. I have been watching what I eat, though, trying to choose lower calorie options and cut down on the soda. When the weather permits, I try to take a good walk. Something's working because I've lost a few pounds so far. With more to come!
Sunday, November 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Good for you!
That is awesome news!!!!! Cheers to you!
It is a good idea to start a program when things are not so crazy. I am so glad you have a couple of buddies to work out with you. I am so thankful to have my workout buddies. I don't know if I would have made it this far without them!!!!
I deleted my blog before remembering that I wanted to leave one last message for the dieters. Pumpkin Soup! Using canned pumpkin and broth (I use chicken, but vegetarians can use vegetable, I doubt it will make much difference), this is the easiest thing in the world to make. Most recipes call for nutmeg and/or ginger. But I use much less whipping cream than any recipe calls for. I don't measure anything, just warm it up until it's got a fairly soupy texture - although mine is much thicker than any you'll see in a restaurant. But it is soooo few calories and soooo filling.
I've lost 10 pounds in the last two months and it mostly because of this soup, wheat tortilla wraps, fruit and yogurt. The trick, of course, is trying to fill up on things that don't have a lot of calories and/or fat. So at least three days a week I try to eat a tortilla wrap, an apple, an orange, a carton of fat-free yogurt, maybe a handful of almonds, as much soup and whatever other fruit I want (watermelon is especially filling). This keeps me from pigging out on the wrong stuff. So far, so good.
I use leftover chicken or seafood in the wraps with light sour cream, spicy mustard or light mayo for variety. There's something about those wheat tortillas that really make you feel full - and I think I read somewhere that wheat expands or something, where flour products don't.
Also, I've mentioned here before a dish that I like to alternate with weeks of the pumpkin soup. It works the same way - there are hardly any calories, so you can eat as much as you like. Chop up a lot of zucchini, a couple of yellow squash and a whole slew of tomatoes then throw them in a big pot (it cooks down to about half its size in the beginning). Add a big splash of sesame oil...mmmmmm....and season to taste with salt and pepper or whatever else you'd like. Tasty, filling and low, low calorie/fat. Of course, this is not the type of meal that sticks to your ribs, but you know what? When you get hungry again, just go back and fill up another bowl. Because a heaping bowl is barely 100 calories.
Anyway, hope this helps. I've lost about 14 pounds since February, but the last ten were all in the last couple of months, since I started eating this way. Good luck!
Rebecca
Post a Comment