Sunday, August 06, 2006

Good Grilling: Grilled Pesto Chicken with Mozzarella Cheese and Awesome Pasta Salad

My husband and I love to grill in the summer. I think we probably grill at least 5 times a week. Here is one of my favorite meals.

Grilled Pesto Chicken with Mozzarella Cheese (This recipe also works on an indoor grill or George Foreman Grill)

Ingredients:
Skinless, boneless chicken breast
Store bought pesto (I am working on making my own)
Low Fat, Part skim mozzarella cheese

Grill chicken until almost done. Coat top of breast with pesto. Allow to cook for a couple of minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and allow to melt.

Awesome Pasta Salad

Ingredients:

Spring style pasta (You can also use penne or bow tie. I also use Bonilla in the yellow box. It is high in omega 3)
Two large vine ripe tomatoes
One large green pepper
McCormick’s Salad Supreme seasoning
Newman's Lite Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
Handful of basil leaves (about 10), finely chopped

Cook pasta according to package directions. If possible, cook pasta until it is al dente. Drain. Run cool water after draining to cool pasta and stop cooking process.
While pasta is cooking, chop tomatoes and peppers. Add to pasta.
Sprinkle Salad Supreme. Mix well.
Mix in salad dressing to taste (I usually do about three times around the bowl. Like Rachel Ray, I don't measure anything!!)
Mix in chopped basil.

This meal is great with a medium white wine. Medium meaning not to dry and not too sweet.

This is also a great day after meal for lunch!!!

Tags:Recipes

3 comments:

betty said...

I love these recipes!

I don't do fresh tomatoes so I added red peppers and red onions to the pasta salad instead. I also used Girard's Fat Free Balsalmic Vinegrette. Super yummy!

And even though I'm pretty sure I cheated and used a little too much pesto and cheese (which resulted in puddles of green oily goodness on top of the chicken breasts) the grilled chicken is excellent! I used frozen split breasts that come in a bag (becasue I had them around) and just pan cooked them. Still good!

Seeking Solace said...

It's ok to cheat a little. Pesto has olive oil, which is good for you!!!

The great thing about the pasta salad is that you can mix it up any way you like!

So glad you enjoyed it!

RageyOne said...

Ohhhh...I think I'll try that tonight! I took out 2 chicken breasts last night and was planning on baking them. Now that I see your recipe I'm changing my plans.