Only two active events today: picking up the peaches that have fallen off my tree and taking a quick walk around the neighborhood to clear my head. Not that I've been running marathons this week but I've had errands that got me out of the house and moving around - across a parking lot, up the stairs, through the aisles. Today was the first day I didn't go anywhere and the activity level decreased exponentially.
It always does when I start writing, and I was writing (or trying to) most of today. Decreased energy and writing go hand-in-hand for me. In the past year, I've realized that writing does not energize me; when I write, I slow down. I have a hard time working up the energy to do anything active; I suppose the energy I need to write and think saps the energy I need to do anything else.
I do wonder if, when I have other things competing for my attention, this won't be such an issue. Right now, I can concentrate on my writing alone - it's the summer, I don't have other immediate claims on my attention, no one's here to distract me. That sounds like a great thing but evidently it isn't so for me. Will my energy level increase when I have more to do and writing is just another item on the to-do list?
Do others have this problem? How do you deal with it?
Tags: obstacles
Thursday, July 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I definitely have this problem. I think it's part "energy required to think" and part just being sednetary. Sort of like lounging on the couch all day? At least that's how I feel when I sit in front of the computer all day. I have no soultions either, excecpt for taking short breaks
Post a Comment