Saturday, July 08, 2006

An update, cause we're too quiet

Alright, so I haven't exactly kept up on my plans. But... it was a four-day weekend, so there, nyah nyah. In any case, my frowny faces must have worked their charm on my wife (those, and my eagerness to help adjust her bicycle), enough to get her on the bike trainer twice in two days. I hadn't been on. So, this morning around 7:00, I got the Painter some activities to work on, and strapped him into the trailer, then climbed on the bike trainer, and rode on for my 21 minute session. He explained that he doesn't always like just "riding" in the garage, but this time he liked it. Yeah, me too. Oh, and he's been doing some exercises with me too. We've got some 5 lbs barbells, which he presses, and curls and pulls up. And I've got him doing situps and chinups (on my arms) and pushups, stool steps, and jumping jacks. It's quite delightful to indulge him in this way (especially as his attention span allows him to enjoy only about 3 repetitions of each activity). But it's an inspiration to me, and good for him to boot. I just have to keep it up. Accountability, isn't that what Prof. Me said this blog is all about?

No comments: