The holidays are fast approaching and the temptation of overindulgence looms.
Anyone have any tips for keeping on track and not holiday binging?
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Trying to balance academic life with a healthy lifestyle.
3 comments:
I try to have a little of the goodies. Total denial never works.
I also try to eat a little before going to a party, that way I am not grazing or doing a header into the buffet!
I only allow myself certain "Days". I can eat whatever I want Christmas Eve (that's when my family celebrates) and maybe one other important "event" but for others, I hold back. I pick the events/days that I know will have the best food that I can't miss out on and for the others, I just eat the healthy things, or nothing at all. Don't feel odd being the one not eating, and prioritize the food--what do you really want that you'll only get around this time. For me it's lobster and mom's cookies, hence christmas eve dinner.
I also agree with not denying yourself and also giving yourself a "free" day.
If you're hosting send people home with lots of leftovers so you don't have a ton of food in the house.
Post a Comment