Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Seeking Solace's Famous Pasta Salad

This is a summertime favorite at my house. It is also great to take for a picnic or a summer pot luck dinner. It never tastes the same way twice. And, you get a fill ov veggies!!! Feel free to experiment with other veggies, herbs or whatever!

Ingredients:
  • One box bow-tie pasta (You can also use spring or penne)
  • 1-2 cups chopped broccoli
  • 1-2 cups diced tomatoes
  • 1-2 cups chopped green pepper (You can use red or yellow too.)
  • 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
  • I cup chopped basil
  • Mrs Dash
  • Parmasian cheese
  • Newman's light Italian dressing

Cook pasta until it is al-dente. Drain. Rinse in cool water while still in the strainer. Place half of pasta in a bowl. Add half of the veggies garlic and basil. Sprinkle with Mrs Dash to taste. Toss together. Add Parmesan cheese to taste and toss. Add remaining veggies, garlic and basil and toss. Add additional cheese and Mrs. Dash and toss. Then, add dressing to taste and toss.

3 comments:

rented life said...

Which Mrs Dash do you use?

So you gave us some and we ate it the next day. While eating it hubby goes "did you put broccoli in this?" "um..no..." "I don't remember this being in there last night" "It was, I'm sure it's from their garden"

Did he have like 3 helpings that night? how did he miss the broccoli?

BTW--this is probably my fav pasta salad ever, even better if you can score some fresh broccoli from someone!

Seeking Solace said...

I am so glad you like it! I can totally hook you up with some broccoli!

use the original favor. It's also great as a seasoning for chicken (When I did eat chicken!). I also use it to season Bocca Burgers.

Yes, it did have broccoli in it. :) Maybe since he inhaled all three servings, he missed it! :)

rented life said...

I was just dying when he asked.

I like Mrs Dash's Italian for tomato stuff. :)