Quitting the gym was the best thing I could have done! The freeing myself of guilt and pressure to do activities I hated has been great for my motivation and I've been able to keep up with my home routine pretty easily. I've even seen the scale creeping down steadily which is also a great motivator to continue.
I love this months challenge! I'm always looking for new ways to incorporate veggies into my diet, so please share any recipes you might have! I love hummus, but recently found this recipe for roasted chickpeas. I've also heard that you can grind them up and use these as an alternative to bread crumbs, but I haven't tried it myself. Enjoy!
Roasted Chickpeas
1 12oz can chickpeas/garbanzo beans
1 tablespoon olive oil (or just enough to lightly coat)
seasoning of your choice: salt, garlic salt, cayenne, cumin.....anything you can think of!
Preheat oven to 450.
Blot chickpeas with paper towel to dry them. In small bowl combine chickpeas, olive oil and spices.
Spread on baking sheet and roast 30-40 minutes until crunchy. (I've found this time/temperature varies greatly, so don't be discouraged if it takes a few times to get them right...if you use too much olive oil, it will take longer)
Wednesday, July 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
scuze the dumb question--do you just eat them? hot or cold?
I love hummus. Very filling.
You can eat them hot or cold, but they are SO yummy right out of the oven that I usually don't have many leftovers!
The chickpeas come out crunchier if you roast them for 20 mins before adding the oil and spices. Also, try curry powder on them! It's amazing!
Post a Comment