Sunday, March 09, 2008

Spinach Enchiladas

Although this recipe does not have meat in it, you could easily add shrimp or chicken.

Ingredients:
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 jar salsa (whatever level of heat your prefer)
1 bag spinach steamed and coarsely chopped (You can also use on bag frozen spinach. Just defrost it first).
2 cups ricotta cheese (one 15 oz container) (I use the part skim)
4 cloves garlic, minced (Or 2 cloves, if you are not big on garlic)
4 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
8 flour tortillas (I like the wheat tortillas)

Directions:

1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Cook the garlic in the olive oil for about a minute. (If you choose to add shrimp or chicken, I would saute it in the olive and garlic until completely cooked.)
2. Add the spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted.
3. Remove from heat and add the ricotta cheese and the cheddar cheese. Mix well.
4. Spoon mixture into tortillas. Roll up and place them in a lightly greased baking dish.
5. Pour salsa on top.
6. Bake, covered at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes. (For extra cheesy goodness, sprinkle more cheddar cheese on top during the last five minutes of baking.

These are so good and filling that you really don't have to have a side dish with it.

3 comments:

Psycgirl said...

That sounds really good Seeking Solace! I'm going to add this to my grocery list for the week!

dr four eyes said...

Yum! This *does* sound good!

Karen said...

What a great way to use spinach, especially when I'm tired of salads. YUM! YUM! YUM!