Despite my recent back problems, I am back on the program. Sunday, I walked on the treadmill. Today, I took my walk outside with my dog, who is always up for a walk.
It's funny how much harder walking outside is compared to the treadmill. I am not sure why that is the case. But, I am sure that having a 70 pound beast pulling you along accounts for some of it.
I also re-started my "high heel" workout now that my back is better. Since I wear three inch heels most days, I make sure that I use the stairs as much as possible. It's great for the butt and calves.
How is everyone else doing?
OK, now for the business part.
As you all have noticed, the template is AFU. I am offering to take over administration of this blog. I would really like to see it continue, as I know it has helped many of you as much as it has me.
I have two proposals:
1. Betty and/or Prof Me could hand over the reins and continue, or
2. Start a new Active Academic, and link the old page to the new one.
We could keep the blog running the same way, with contributors. Also, if anyone would like to help administer, that would be awesome too.
What do you think? Please comment or email me at SeekingSolaceBlog@gmail.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Glad to hear your back problems aren't impeding your progress.
I'm not doing to good with my workouts, nor eating since I moved. I have post brewing, but I have been so busy that I barely have time to post/comment.
I would like to see the blog continue and I'm willing to assist with administration.
I would also like to see the blog continue (despite my recent lack of posts!) Any word from the current admins?
I contacted Betty a while back and she tried to reach Prof Me, but I have not heard anything since. And as Rented Life pointed out in the template post, we can't change anything unless one of them lets us in.
Hi everyone! I'm sorry about being such a bad admin - I have really been out of the loop with commenting, although I still read. Anyway, I am happy to hand over authority. I worried at first that since ProfMe started it and let me in to do admin stuff, it wouldn't be fair to hand it over to someone else without her permission. I tried contacting her and she never wrote me back (she did just have her 2nd baby...) so maybe I should just hand over the reigns and assume that she wouldn't mind. Does everyone think that's fair? If so, then just email me at notyouraveragebetty@gmail.com and I'll pass on the baton.
I'd help if it were a different/better semester. I'd like to see it continue, as I mean to post but haven't.
Post a Comment