There's a reason I don't exercise, you know. I don't like it. I never have. It is so incredibly boring, I swear I can hear my brain cells screaming in agony. And then there's the whole issue of getting hot and sweaty; my face lights up like a house fire, I've got sweat trickling in uncomfortable places, my muscles are sending messages that this is not what they signed up to do in this particular body.
Needless to say, I just got back from the gym, as a full-fledged member, no less - the first time I've ever belonged to a gym in my life, I might add. I did my 45 minutes on the treadmill. I sweated. I listened to some tunes on the iShuffle (need to get a holder for my iPod). I watched the clock like a drowning woman watches a deflating life preserver.
The good news is that I stuck it out. The bad news is that I did not enjoy it, in the least. The good news is that, now that I've paid my membership, the obligation to go should be a good incentive. The bad news is ditto. The good news is that I'm doing something I need to do for my fat butt, not to mention my overall health. The bad news is that it's going to be a struggle to keep doing this. I suppose that's why they call it a "work"out, huh?
cross-posted on my blog
Friday, January 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Ugh, I understand. I find that classes are bit better because they make the time go by. That or watching tv of some sort... But then sometimes I'm so tired afterwards that I don't work on the dissertation, which really isn't the best either!
Good for you for getting back to working out. I don't know too many people who LOVE working out. I call it a necessary evil!
I feel where you are coming from. Working out is not an easy task and it has taken me a long to make it apart of my routine. Keep at it and you'll get the results you want.
Congrats on making the effort.
Thanks, all! I agree with you, SS: a necessary evil. Thank goodness for the iPod!!
Post a Comment