Wednesday, August 02, 2006

August Playlist #1: 80's New Wave

In honor of MTV's 25th anniversary, I thought I would pay homage to 80's new wave. So have fun and enjoy reminiscing about our high school and/or college years! Just don't bring back the acid wash jeans and Aqua Net!

This playlist is approximately 42 minutes long.

  1. Things Can Only Get Better by Howard Jones
  2. Pretty in Pink by the Psychedelic Furs
  3. Do, Do, Do, Da, Da, Da by the Police
  4. Lies by the Thompson Twins
  5. I Ran by A Flock of Seagulls
  6. Take On Me by A-ha
  7. Planet Earth by Duran Duran
  8. She Sells Sanctuary by the Cult
  9. Sledgehammer by Peter Gabriel
  10. Voices Carry by 'Til Tuesday


Tags :Playlists

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks! I love this . . . I am actually headed to my 20th reunion tomorrow!!!

Addy N. said...

Wow- do I feel old! 25 years. I noticed you put a little Double D in there, too!

Seeking Solace said...

Addy N: Double D was just for you!!! I was going to use the Relfex. Maybe next playlist???

betty said...

wow, that IS a great playlist - you should make a bunch of CDs and sell them. heeeyyyyy......do I detect a way for active academic to make a little money?

betty said...

ok, ok, you can keep the money - i suppose you DID come up with the songs yourself!

RageyOne said...

Good list! I'll have download some of those songs!