Sunday, July 16, 2006

A report and some goals

Hi, folks -

Isn't travel a weight-loss/fitness killer? I was in the car for ten hours this weekend, and in meetings Friday afternoon and much of Saturday. I have a really hard time avoiding fast food on the road; Friday night and Saturday night I ate out at nice restaurants, three-course meals each time; and Saturday and Sunday I had breakfast out, which means lots of grease. (Honesty compels me to add that those dinners and the breakfasts were REALLY really good, and life is too short for me to be willing to deprive myself constantly.)

So, now that I'm back, I want to set some healthy goals for this week: I will attend two yoga classes, and fit in at least one day of other (cardio) exercise; and I will avoid desserts until next weekend (by dessert I mean refined sugars - fruit is okay) (and I know that deprivation is not the way, in the long run, but I'm just trying to put a dent in my habit of ALWAYS reaching for cookies/cake/candy after a meal). I'll report back next weekend and let you know how it went!

1 comment:

RageyOne said...

Travel does hurt weight loss as it is sometimes really hard to eat healthy on trips. I wish you luck with your goals for this week.