Tags: Exercise
Monday, July 31, 2006
Had to write before I even got in the shower:
I did it! I got off my butt and took a walk. Sweat and everything. I kept the same pace the whole time and didn’t do the major power walking, but I kept it up for 35 minutes—monumental for me. Now I’m drinking my water. If I can do that at least one more time this week, I’ll be happy, as aerobic exercise is my least favorite thing to do. Time to hit the shower, I’m pretty gross!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Yippie for the exercise
The swelling may be water retention.
Mine! I have to flex them a lot while I'm walking.
Good for you! About the finger/hand swelling. When I walk, the same thing happens to me. If your arms hang down at your sides and swing as you walk, you are sending more blood to those extremities. My wedding ring is always tight after I walk. On the treadmill I don't get that, since I hold on to the handles.
I'm glad I found this blog, albeit through an odd route, but I am a non-fit to-be-academic who is trying to go back to medically healthy.
Have you ever tried biking? Do you think it is worth it? I was never a biker, but me and my husband are now biking twice a week (let's see how long this lasts) and our diet has changed from pizza & hamburgers to sandwiches, fruits & veggies. I think the diet part is working well, we are mostly working on exercise now.
When we went biking the other day I did have some water retention and think that may account for your swelling. How long did it take for your swelling to go down? Was it warm/hot?
Anyways, hope that isn't too much of a problem.
Good for you! (And I totally get the swollen fingers thing, too.)
I can't bike. I tried it a few times but it's too much murder on my knees, and then afterward I can't do much of anything.
I think the finger problem is the heat. It's insanely hot today and my hands feel swollen. I need AC
I get the finger thing. It's definitely heat/dehydration. If you drink 8oz of water (with EmergenC for extra hydrating/Vitamin C goodness) about an hour to 30 minutes before you go out it will really improve.
Wonderful! Keep it up!
Post a Comment