Sunday, July 09, 2006

Gardening counts as exercise, right?

I say that it does. Hauling bags of mulch and potting soil... all of that digging and bending up and down... I think that counts as my exercise of the day, so I don't have to walk today, right?

Tag: Exercise

5 comments:

Leslie M-B said...

Oh, definitely. When I had a garden, I always worked up a good sweat and felt sore the day after a long session in the garden.

As a bonus, it never felt like exercise or work. I miss it!

Seeking Solace said...

Very much so. Gardening works the muscles and also allows you to get out frustrations by digging in dirt!

ArticulateDad said...

Absolutely. I so loved gardening that I started a landscaping business to pay my way through my undergraduate degree, and I was never in better shape! Nowadays, when I spend time in the garden, I feel it the next day, so I must be working something. Besides, it's good for the soul, great therapy for the spirit, and Gaia doesn't mind the attention, you know.

rented life said...

If you sweat nearly as much as I do when gardening then it definitely counts.

BrightStar (B*) said...

Thanks for the validation, y'all. Yeah, I definitely felt it today, but not as much as the other days when I've gardened, but I definitely worked just as hard, so perhaps I'm slowly getting into gardening shape?